Updated Bookmarks Layout
A Simpler Layout
Converting to Markdown
#Lazy load movie posters
#Re-instate favourited bookmarks
#Fix posts list on smaller devices
#Add markdown-it as an explicit dep
#Add a "Watching" section to the journal
Special thanks go to:
- Frank Chimero has been a huge inspiration for design approach and many of the honest, open concepts I hope this site conveys. I will never not be jealous of Frank.
- Matthew Smith’s Website Inspired this page, among others.
- Julian inspired the journal.
- The Value of Multi-Typeface Design by Bethany Heck made me think more about being less minimal about font selection.
- Brian Lovin has a great ethos about 'incrementally correct' websites.
And, in no particular order, a list of people and sites that have contributed some visual inspiration:
- Klim Foundry
- Manu Moreale
- Budi Tanrim
- Stephan Friedli
- Mike McQuade
- Foster Type
- Matus Hatala
- Maarten Afink
- Mike Guss
- Pierre Georges
- Benji Taylor
- Maggie Appleton
- Font Review Journal
- Christoph Labacher
- Josie Young
This site is built using Eleventy (11ty), hosted on Netlify, the content and data is pulled from Contentful, Spotify, last.fm, and GitHub.
The Source Code is hosted on GitHub.
- The The A11Y Project inspired me to try Eleventy, and provided excellent advice.
- I am using the CUBE CSS methodology for all the styling.
- I was also inspired by SmolCSS. The minimal snippets are an excellent example that CSS is an art form.
- I combined This tutorial in the Eleventy docs with PostCSS for a simple, extendable style pipeline.
- The Eleventy RSS plugin avoided lots of RSS headaches.
- Piccalilli wrote a simple tutorial on outputting JSON from Eleventy.
- I was also helped along the way by tea-tack and eleventyone.
My typographic system is made up of:
- Blanco from Foster Type is used as body copy, and some headings.
- Signifier from Klim is used for larger headings.
- Pitch from Klim is used for smaller text, and data.
This site has formerly used:
- GT America Extended from Grilli Type was used for larger headings.