#Add '#' to commit log
#Refine bookmark section design
#Add toc to /about
#Extract breadcrumbs into a shortcode
Special thanks go to:
- Frank Chimero has been a huge inspiration for design approach and many of the honest, open concepts I hope this site conveys. I will never not be jealous of Frank.
- Matthew Smith’s Website Inspired this page, among others.
- Julian inspired the journal.
- The Value of Multi-Typeface Design by Bethany Heck made me think more about being less minimal about font selection.
- Brian Lovin' has a great ethos about 'incrementally correct' websites.
And, in no particular order, a list of people and sites that have contributed some visual inspiration:
- Klim Foundry
- Manu Moreale
- Budi Tanrim
- Stephan Friedli
- Mike McQuade
- Foster Type
- Matus Hatala
- Maarten Afink
- Mike Guss
- Pierre Georges
- Benji Taylor
- Maggie Appleton
- Font Review Journal
This site is built using Eleventy (11ty), hosted on Netlify, the content and data is pulled from Contentful, Spotify, last.fm, and GitHub.
- The The A11Y Project inspired me to try Eleventy, and provided excellent advice.
- I am using and inspired by the CUBE CSS methodology for all the styling.
- I was also inspired by SmolCSS. The minimal snippets are an excellent example that CSS is an art form.
- I combined This tutorial in the Eleventy docs with PostCSS for a simple, extendable style pipeline.
- The Eleventy RSS plugin avoided lots of RSS headaches.
- Piccalilli wrote a simple tutorial on outputting JSON from Eleventy.
- I was also helped along the way by tea-tack and eleventyone.
My typographic system is made up of: